Self Catering Holiday Cottages in the Scottish Borders
Offering three warm, spacious one bedroom self catering holiday cottages and set in an idyllic countryside location, Burnbrae Holidays is located just 3 miles from the Scottish Borders town of Kelso, perfect for exploring both sides of the Scotland / England border.
With its abbey, cobbled market square and streets. Kelso is noted for its abundance of unique independent shops, delicous restaurants and cafes and pubs (including Scotlands first Micropub). Kelso lies at the confluence of the rivers Tweed and Teviot, the Tweed is of course famous globally for salmon & trout fishing.
During your stay at Burnbrae, you can enjoy many activities including walking or cycling in the beautiful countryside, either from your cottage or nearby; visit the numerous historic sites including Kelso Abbey, Floors Castle and Mellerstain house, all within 5 miles; enjoy stunning views whilst cycling on the quiet Border roads or go fishing on one of the greatest salmon rivers in Britain. After enjoying a great day out in the Borders, return to peaceful Burnbrae and relax in front of your cosy wood burner stove. Or, you could just admire the views from your south facing conservatory watching the many birds including wood peckers, sparrow hawk, buzzards, house and tree sparrows, heron, tits, robins and finches. You may be lucky and see the deer or badgers in our fields or otters in the Eden Water within 500m from the cottages.
For those who haven't visited the beautiful Borders area before we have put in your cottage information folder some suggestions of places to visit and things to do while staying at Burnbrae including ideas for on a wet day
Our Self Catering Holiday Cottages
Incorporating south facing conservatories, each light and airy holiday cottage affords magnificent views over the cottage garden, Eden Water to the Cheviot Hills in the distance. From the patio or conservatory wonder at the big night sky.
2 Luxury One Bedroom Cottages in a Stunning Rural Location Thairn Cottage and Begrum Cottage
Mungo's Well cottage is a comfortable home from home.
- Spacious living rooms with wood burning stoves (wood included).
- South facing conservatories over looking cottage garden
- Lockable store ideal for bicycles, fishing, golfing gear etc
- All cottages are on one level from carpark and within the cottages
- Large car park onsite. Cars can be driven within 5 meters of each cottage for loading and unloading
- Super fast Wi-Fi via fibre is provided in all 3 cottages free of charge.
- Wonderful views from all 3 cottages. Peaceful yet only 3 miles from Kelso.
- Open all year.
Whether you choose Mungos Well, Begrum or Thairn, you can be sure of a warm welcome at Burnbrae. Living on-site, we can also provide practical help and information you need to ensure you make the most of your holiday.
Converted from part of the former mill building, Burnbrae Studio is a workshop/studio which is available for hire by the half day, full day, evening, week or part thereof. Many artistic & creative guests find the studio perfect for developing their own projects; harnessing the peace and tranquility, wonderful views of the location to provide inspiration for writing, painting, sewing and numerous other arts & crafts.
- A light and airy room with large movable tables for meetings or workshops
- Ample power sockets and excellent lighting for dull days
- Wi-Fi included in all bookings
- Kitchen worktop, sink & draining board with hot & cold water.
- Peaceful and quiet without distractions so you can concentrate on your own project.
Why not hire the Studio for your group, or invite a few friends to make up your own group? The studio can be hired whether staying in one (or more) cottages or not.