Thairn cottage, a self-catering, holiday cottage in the Scottish Borders, has a wee touch here and there to make your stay in southern Scotland even more relaxing. Whilst all on one level, just like our other two cottages, Thairn benefits from being slightly bigger including an extra-long, king-size bed – great for taller guests.
An extra bed can be added in the bedroom or in the spacious living room to sleep 3 in total. The bed can be conveniently stored away in a cupboard during the day. In the bathroom, there’s a separate walk-in shower as well as a bath, and the kitchen has a built-in oven/grill as well as a separate microwave oven and a dishwasher.
Highly accessible, Thairn is adjacent to our large, level car park and approached on a flagstone path – good for the ambulant disabled who use a wheelchair outdoors. Directly off the south-facing living room is your own private conservatory, perfect for dining whilst watching the big Borders skies in peace and quiet.
Facilities – Thairn Holiday Cottage near Kelso in the Scottish Borders
Cycle routes, waymarked walks, and visitor attractions close by mean that you can be as active or as relaxed as you like while staying at Burnbrae. We’re on hand, on-site to help you with local information, whether it’s a gentle stroll from Thairn’s private patio to the river below or a drive to nearby Mellerstain House or Floors Castle.
There is a heated drying cupboard for wet clothing/equipment in the cottage, plus lockable storage for golf clubs, bikes, fishing tackle, buggies etc onsite. A peaceful, luxurious, rural cottage, yet Kelso – with its independent shops, eateries, and cobbled streets – is only 3 miles away.
At a glance
- Private south-facing conservatory and patio
- Superfast fibre Wi-Fi throughout the cottage included.
- EV charging onsite included.
- Woodburning stove (logs & kindling provided).
- Extra-long, king size bed.
- Space in the bedroom or living room for an extra bed or travel cot which we can provide
- Bathroom with both bath and walk-in shower lots of hot water heated by our biomass boiler.
- Well-equipped kitchen, dishwasher, oven with grill, hob, microwave, fridge/freezer.
- Pet free cottage.
- Heated drying cupboard in your cottage.
- Lockable cycle, golf, fishing gear storage room on site.