Our third cottage, Thairn, has a wee touch here and there to make your Scottish Borders break even more relaxing. Whilst all on one level, just like our other two cottages, Thairn benefits from a slightly bigger bedroom with an extra-long, king-size bed – great for taller guests.
A guest bed can be added in the bedroom or in the spacious lounge to sleep 3 in total, and conveniently stored away in a cupboard during the day. In the bathroom, there’s a separate walk-in shower as well as a bath, and the kitchen has a built-in oven/grill as well as a separate microwave oven and a dishwasher. During winter 2018-19 the kitchen was revamped and a dishwasher installed as well as extra crockery.
Highly accessible, Thairn is adjacent to our large, level car park and approached on a flagstone path – good for the ambulant disabled who use a wheelchair outdoors. Directly off the south-facing living room is your own private conservatory, perfect for dining whilst watching the big Borders skies in peace and quiet.
Facilities – Thairn Self Catering Cottage near Kelso
Cycle routes waymarked walks, and visitor attractions close by mean guests can be as active or as relaxed as they wish at Burnbrae. We’re on hand, on-site to help you with local information, whether it’s a gentle stroll from Thairn’s private patio to the river below or a drive to nearby Mellerstain House or Floors Castle.
There is a heated drying room for wet clothing/equipment in the cottage, plus lockable storage for golf clubs, bikes, fishing tackle, buggies etc onsite. A peaceful, luxurious, rural cottage, yet Kelso – with its independent shops, eateries, and cobbled streets – is only 3 miles away.
At a glance
- Private south- facing conservatory and patio
- Superfast fibre Wi-Fi throughout the cottage, included.
- Log burner (logs provided)
- Extra-long, king size bed
- Space in the bedroom or living room for an extra bed or travel cot which we can provide
- Bathroom with both bath and walk-in shower
- Well-equipped kitchen, dishwasher, oven with grill, hob, microwave, fridge/freezer.
- Pet free cottage
- Heated drying cupboard in cottage
- Lockable cycle, golf, fishing gear storage room on site