Imagine walking directly from this dog-friendly cottage in the beautiful Scottish Borders countryside, out across the adjacent fields. Great walks are right on your doorstep – with or without your dog. We’ll even help you with routes.
Begrum is perfect for two guests but can sleep up to four – great for couples, families or friends. There is a three-seater sofa bed in the homely living room, and the twin beds in the bedroom can be set up as a king-sized bed with prior notice. There is a dishwasher, microwave, fridge/ freezer, hob and an oven with a grill in the well-equipped kitchen.
In addition to central heating from our Biomass boiler, a nice touch is a wood-burning stove in the living room (homegrown, dried logs provided). Directly off the living room is your private south-facing conservatory where you can dine, or simply take in the far-reaching views to the Cheviot hills beyond. Or sit and watch the wonderful birds on our feeders, or the heron flying past.
Facilities – Begrum Self Catering Cottage near Kelso
Although just 3 miles from the abbey town of Kelso – with its thriving, independent shops cafes, pubs and restaurants – Begrum is a tranquil base. You can cycle on quiet Borders roads, go mountain biking, or walk on waymarked routes nearby, including The Border Abbeys Way and St Cuthbert’s Way. Salmon and trout fishers are well-catered for too – the River Tweed and River Teviot run through Kelso.
At a glance
- Woodburning stove in the living room, unlimited homegrown wood included.
- South-facing conservatory and patio, with table & chairs.
- Free super-fast, reliable fibre Wi-Fi throughout the cottage.
- SMART TV.
- Bathroom with shower over the bath.
- Twin beds in the bedroom let me know if you would prefer them to be set up as a king-sized bed.
- 3 seater sofa bed and a comfy chair in the living room.
- Kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, separate oven and grill, fridge-freezer
- Heated drying cupboard in your cottage
- Lockable store for cycles, golf clubs or fishing tackle next to the car park.
- Washing machine and tumble drier for guests’ use on site.
- Dogs are welcome to Begrum cottage with prior notice. Max 2 dogs, not to be left unattended in cottage/garden or allowed on the furniture. £20 per stay.