Begrum - A Dog-Friendly Cottage in the Scottish Borders
Imagine walking directly from this dog-friendly cottage in the beautiful Scottish Borders countryside, out across the adjacent fields. Great walks are right on your doorstep - with or without your dog. We'll even help you with routes.
Begrum is perfect for two but can sleep up to four - great for couples, families or friends. There is a three seater sofa bed in the spacious living room, and the twin beds in the bedroom can be set up as a king sized bed with prior notice.
In addition to central heating from our Biomass boiler, a nice touch is the wood-burning stove in the living room (home grown logs provided). Directly off the living room is your private in the south-facing conservatory where you can dine, or simply take in the far-reaching views to the Cheviot hills beyond. Or sit and watch the wonderful birds on our feeders or the heron flying past.
Facilities – Begrum Self Catering Cottage near Kelso
Although just 3 miles from the abbey town of Kelso - with its thriving, independent shops cafes, pubs and restaurants - Begrum is a tranquil base. You can cycle on quiet Borders roads, go mountain biking, or walk on way marked routes nearby, including The Border Abbeys Way and St Cuthbert's Way. Salmon and trout fishers are well-catered for too - the River Tweed runs right through Kelso.
At a glance
- Wood burning stove in living room, unlimited homegrown wood included
- South facing conservatory and patio, with table & chairs for 2
- Free super fast fibre Wi-Fi throughout cottage
- Mini Hi-Fi with I Pod docking station
- Bathroom with shower over the bath.
- Twin beds in bedroom let me know if you would prefer them to be set up as a king sized bed.
- A new 3 seater sofa bed and comfy chair in living room for Nov 2018.
- Well-equipped kitchen
- Heated drying room in the cottage
- Lockable store for cycles, golf clubs or fishing tackle next to car park
- Washing machine and tumble drier for guests' use on site
- Dogs allowed in Begrum cottage with prior notice. Max 2 dogs, not to be left unattended in cottage/garden or allowed on furniture. £20 per stay.