Terms & Conditions
Burnbrae Self Catering Cottages
Bookings of Burnbrae Holiday Cottages made via any online booking system are provisional until confirmed by Burnbrae Holidays.
- The provisional reservation will be confirmed and held on receipt of a reservation fee (25% of full cost) which is not refundable. Until the reservation fee is received by us and acknowledged by us, the reservation is provisional and may be cancelled by you or by us.
- For payment by BACS (internet bank transfer) Burnbrae Holidays account number is 00298038 sort code 80-16-57. Please put your name as the reference, so we know who the payment is from, and please email us so we know to expect the payment. We also accept payments by Visa and Mastercard debit and credit cards.
- The balance (full cost less reservation fee) should be received by us at least 30 days before your arrival. Failure to comply with this will result in forfeit of the reservation and of the fee.
- For bookings before 1st August we will refund any monies paid. For bookings for holidays after 1st August 2020, you will be protected by Master Cancel which removes the stress and worry from booking your next holiday. You can cancel up to and including 2 days before the check-in date. Master Cancel's flexible terms & conditions allow you to book with confidence, knowing that if you cancel and we (Burnbrae Holidays) acknowledge the cancellation, more than 2 days, before your arrival date you will be refunded in full.
- If more than two people occupy a cottage (using the bed-settee or a slide-away bed), there is a supplement of £5 per night per person (minimum £10).
Smoking is not permitted in any of the buildings at Burnbrae, this includes the cottages. If you smoke please ensure that your cigarette buts are placed in the black wheelie bin in the refuse area rather than a bin inside the cottage.
- You may use your cottage from 4 pm on the day of arrival until 10 am on your day of departure unless previously agreed by us.
By using this website to request a reservation, you are accepting these terms.
Please let us know about any damage or "breakages", as soon as possible. We do understand about life's little accidents, but ultimately you are responsible for the property & its contents during the period of your stay. We will always try to put things right with the least cost and inconvenience to you.
Due to the coronavirus, we have changed the way we execute some of the arrival and departure practices. We hope that this does not detract your enjoyment of your stay.
As part of the contract for you coming to use our holiday cottages, we ask you not to travel if you are feeling unwell. If you feel unwell while staying at Burnbrae Holidays, please email or phone me to let me know. Then check out and return home to self-isolate according to current government guidance. If you have acute symptoms, or breathing difficulties, or your life is at potential risk, seek medical help immediately. Dial 999 for ambulance or 111 for non-emergency treatment and advice.
For more information https://www.nhsinform.scot/coronavirus
I will leave your cottage open for your arrival unless you prefer to come and collect the key from me in the Mill. I can come and visit you once you have arrived or, phone you if you prefer. During your stay please don’t hesitate to contact me in person, by phone or by email if I can help in any way.
I have carried out a Covid-19 Risk assessment for Short-Term Self-Catering Properties as recommended. From this, we have decided to:-
·Leave the cottage empty for a night between each booking.
·The information leaflets and an information folder will be left in your cottage.
·We ask you not to enter the laundry (as it is a shared space), with washing machine, tumble drier, a bookcase of games and books. If you would like to borrow a book or a couple of games please ask and I will leave it in your cottage, or outside your cottage, if you have already arrived. If you need to use the washing machine and or tumble drier please contact me first and I will clean and sanitize the room for you and after you have used it. There is a charge of £2 per machine per load.
·We will not be supplying hand sanitiser, instead, we will provide extra soap as “Viruses can be active outside the body for hours, even days. Disinfectants, liquids, wipes, gels and creams containing alcohol are all useful at getting rid of them – but they are not quite as good as normal soap”. Coronavirus and soap.
Please bring your own hand sanitiser if you prefer to use it.
I have purchased extra duvets and pillows so we can change duvets, pillows, mattress protectors (as well as bed linen and towels) between guests.
We will leave instructions for the equipment in the cottage for you. We will be closed for a night between guests, to let the cottage ’air’ and to allow me time to carry out the extra cleaning.
We will implement extra cleaning as per the very detailed guidelines from the Scottish Government. I have completed the recommended Covid-19 - Holiday Let Cleaning Course and am awaiting certification from Visit Scotlands "Good to Go" industry standard.
We have closed for a night either side of each booking to let the cottage 'air' and to give us time to carry out the extra cleaning.
Welcome trays (with home baking) are optional, and we have removed some of the extra items in the cottages to make cleaning and sanitising easier.
On the morning of your departure please: -
·Put the dishwasher on with as much of the crockery and cutlery (which you have used) in it. Please leave it running on a normal cycle i.e. do not open or empty it once it has completed its cycle
·Please strip your bed. Put bedlinen and all used towels into the laundry basket.
·Empty all bins & recycling into the correct wheelie bin in the recycling area. (Black bin for rubbish and the blue-lidded bin for recycling as listed in your cottage).
·To leave all cottage windows open.
·To leave the cottage key on the dining table and your cottage unlocked
For more details please ask me, Yvette.
How long does coronavirus live on different surfaces? The latest evidence published in The Lancet and The New England Journal of Medicine illustrates that information and knowledge is evolving all the time. Currently, it is thought that the virus can live on some common household surfaces for:
No Longer Present
Paper and tissue
Wood, cloth and cardboard
Plastic and stainless
*This is based on testing initially, then at 4 days and then 7 days, when the virus was entirely neutralised.
Temporary Cancellation Policy Updated 27th June 2020
Due to the coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak and advice which we have received we have, put in place a new temporary cancellation policy for holidays at Burnbrae Holidays. Our aim has been to give guests as much reassurance and flexibility as possible, both for their existing bookings and those they might wish to make. We are closed until 3rd July and are unable to accept bookings for holidays between now and 3rd July 2020. We would love you to book a holiday for after this date, 3rd July, with the confidence that if we are still closed at the time of your holiday then you will receive a full refund. If you booked directly then the refund will be directly from Burnbrae Holidays. If you have booked via a third party then the refund will be from them, subject to their booking and refund conditions.
Bookings from August 1st are covered by Master cancel. This means that if you need to cancel between 60 days and 2 days before your arrival date then please let me know asap and I will reimburse you for all monies paid. If it is less than 48 hours please still phone to let me know.
When the government allows us to, we will re-open for those guests who would like to come and self-isolate in the rural Scottish Borders. If you would prefer to keep your distance from us then we will acknowledge and act on this. We can leave your key in your cottage and your cottage unlocked for your arrival.
This new policy applies to all holidays at Burnbrae Holidays since 14th March 2020 if you choose to cancel any such holiday or we have to cancel your arrival, you will receive a credit for any monies paid which you can then use for any other holiday to Burnbrae Holidays until the end of 2021. We will also only be requiring payment of the balance for your holiday at least 3 weeks ahead of the holiday start date, instead of the standard 6 weeks. Even if you do pay the balance payment, you will still be able to cancel up to 48 hours before your arrival date and receive the credit.
We also hope this policy will allow you as much time as possible before making a decision on existing bookings and perhaps allow you to make new bookings with greater confidence.
If you have to cancel your holiday and do not want to use the credit you will have, please use any travel insurance you may have, either under a specific policy or as a benefit attached to certain bank accounts or credit cards.
Please contact me directly if you have other questions or would like more clarification.
Well behaved dogs are welcome to stay in Begrum Cottage with prior agreement. Mungo's Well and Thairn cottages are completely pet-free. There is a £20 charge per stay, max 2 dogs at any one time.
As the named person renting the cottage, we expect you to :
Keep your dogs under control at all times.
Making sure your dogs stay off all the furniture.
Not leaving them in the cottage or garden unattended.
Cleaning up behind them both inside and out.
We, Burnbrae Holidays, by British law, must keep a record of who has stayed in our cottages for 12 months from the date of their departure, this includes names and nationality.
- As part of the Government fight against Covid-19 we must collect your name, home address, email and phone number so you can be contacted after your departure if someone becomes ill with Covid-19 who you may have come into contact with.
- We will only use your personal data which we collect about you (via our booking forms, phone & email) to abide by the law and to be able to contact you until a month after your departure.
- If you have given us your agreement, we will keep your contact information, to inform you about what is going on at Burnbrae and special offers by sending you occasional emails.
- We will delete your information within 3 years of your last stay at Burnbrae Holidays
- You may contact us at anytime to ask for your information to be removed. We will do so while staying within British law.
In order to reserve use of the studio more than 4 weeks before the booking, a deposit of £25% must be received by us. Cheques should be payable to Burnbrae Holidays. For payment by BACS (internet bank transfer) Burnbrae Holidays account number is 00298038 sort code 80-16-57. Please put your name as the reference, so we know who the payment is from, and please email us so we know to expect the payment.
- The balance must be received by us at least 4 weeks prior to the booking.
- In order to reserve the studio less than 4 weeks before the start of the booking, please send the full payment.
- Bookings made by telephone or by e-mail will become firm as soon as payment is received (within 5 days please) and acknowledged by us otherwise, the provisional booking will be liable to cancellation.
- We also need the name, address, telephone number and the e-mail address (if any) of the person who will be the contact person for the group, the date and other requirements for the booking and information on any special dietary requirements for the lunch(es) if you would like us to provide.
- We will send confirmation of the booking. If you do not receive this, the booking has not been confirmed and you should contact us as soon as possible.
- Cancellation by you for any reason must be notified to us in writing and acknowledged by us. We will try to re-let the studio. If we are not successful, we reserve the right to retain the deposit.
- If you cancel a booking more than 4 weeks before the workshop and we manage to re-let the studio we will return all monies paid, less a £10 administration fee. We hope that's fair.
- If you cancel a booking within 4 weeks of the booking, we will not make any refund, unless we re-let, in which case, we will return all monies paid, less a £10 administration fee. Again, we hope you agree that's fair.
- In booking the studio, you acknowledge that you have a responsibility to pay the full fee at least 4 weeks before the date of the booking and that you accept these terms.
- If we have to cancel your booking for any reason, all monies paid will be returned in full, with our sincere regrets for any inconvenience caused.