Terms & Conditions
Burnbrae Self Catering Cottages
Bookings of Burnbrae Holiday Cottages made via any online booking system are provisional until confirmed by Burnbrae Holidays.
- The provisional reservation will be confirmed and held on receipt of a reservation fee (25% of full cost) which is not refundable. Until the reservation fee is received by us and acknowledged by us, the reservation is provisional and may be cancelled by you or by us.
- For payment by BACS (internet bank transfer) Burnbrae Holidays account number is 00298038 sort code 80-16-57. Please put your name as the reference, so we know who the payment is from, and please email us so we know to expect the payment. We also accept payments by Visa and Mastercard debit and credit cards.
- The balance (full cost less reservation fee) should be received by us at least six weeks before your arrival. Failure to comply with this will result in forfeit of the reservation and of the fee.
- If you cancel in writing within 6 weeks of arrival, and the cancellation is acknowledged by us, we will try to relet. If we are successful, we will refund to you a part of the amount you have paid. (Amount we have relet the cottage for minus administration fee).
- If more than two people occupy a cottage (using the bed-settee or a slideaway bed), there is a supplement of £5 per night per person (minimum £10).
- Smoking is not permitted in any of the buildings at Burnbrae, this includes the cottages. If you smoke please ensure that your cigarette buts are placed in the black wheelie bin in the refuse area rather than a bin inside the cottage.
- You may use your cottage from 4pm on day of arrival until 10am on your day of departure, unless previously agreed by us.
By using this website to request a reservation, you are accepting these terms.
Please let us know about any damage or "breakages", as soon as possible. We do understand about life's little accidents, but ultimately you are responsible for the property & its contents during the period of your stay. We will always try to put things right with the least cost and inconvenience to you.
Well behaved dogs are welcome to stay in Begrum Cottage with prior agreement. Mungo's Well and Thairn cottages are completely pet free. There is a £20 charge per stay, max 2 dogs at any one time.
As the named person renting the cottage we expect you to :
Keep your dogs under control at all times.
Making sure your dogs stay off all the furniture.
Not leaving them in the cottage or garden unattended.
Cleaning up behind them both inside and out.
Coronavirus (Covid-19) Tempoary Cancellation Policy Updated March 17th 2020
Due to the coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak and advice which we have received we have, put in place a new temporary cancellation policy for holidays at Burnbrae Holidays. Our aim has been to give guests as much reassurance and flexibility as possible, both for their existing bookings and those they might wish to make.
We will remain open for those guests who would like to come and self-isolate in the rural Scottish Borders. If you would prefer to keep your distance from us then we will acknowledge and act on this. We can leave your key in your cottage and your cottage unlocked for your arrival.
This new policy applies to all holidays at Burnbrae Holidays which are due to start on or before 30th June 2020. From 14th March if you choose to cancel any such holiday or we have to cancel your arrival, you will receive a credit for any monies paid which you can then use for any other holiday to Burnbrae Holidays until end of 2021. We will also only be requiring payment of the balance for your holiday at least 3 weeks ahead of the holiday start date, insteadof the standard 6 weeks. Even if you do pay the balance payment, you will still be able to cancel up to 48 hours before your arrival date and receive the credit .
We also hope this policy will allow you as much time as possible before making a decision on existing bookings and perhaps allow you to make new bookings with greater confidence.
If you have to cancel your holiday and do not want to use the credit you will have to rely on any travel insurance you may have either under a specific policy or as a benefit attached to certain bank accounts or credit cards.
Please contact me directly if you have other questions or would like more clarification.
We, Burnbrae Holidays, by British law, must keep a record of who has stayed in our cottages for 12 months from the date of their departure, this includes names and nationality.
- We will only use your personal data which we collect about you (via our booking forms, phone & email) to abide by the law and to be able to contact you until a month after your departure.
- If you have given us your agreement, we will keep your contact information, to inform you about what is going on at Burnbrae and special offers by sending you occasional emails.
- We will delete your information within 3 years of your last stay at Burnbrae Holidays
- You may contact us at anytime to ask for your information to be removed. We will do so while staying within the British law.
In order to reserve use of the studio more than 4 weeks before the booking, a deposit of £25% must be received by us. Cheques should be payable to Burnbrae Holidays. For payment by BACS (internet bank transfer) Burnbrae Holidays account number is 00298038 sort code 80-16-57. Please put your name as the reference, so we know who the payment is from, and please email us so we know to expect the payment.
- The balance must be received by us at least 4 weeks prior to the booking.
- In order to reserve the studio less than 4 weeks before the start of the booking, please send the full payment.
- Bookings made by telephone or by e-mail will become firm as soon as payment is received (within 5 days please) and acknowledged by us, otherwise the provisional booking will be liable to cancellation.
- We also need the name, address, telephone number and the e-mail address (if any) of the person who will be the contact person for the group, the date and other requirements for the booking and information on any special dietary requirements for the lunch(es) if you would like us to provide.
- We will send confirmation of the booking. If you do not receive this, the booking has not been confirmed and you should contact us as soon as possible.
- A cancellation by you for any reason must be notified to us in writing and acknowledged by us. We will try to re-let the studio. If we are not successful, we reserve the right to retain the deposit.
- If you cancel a booking more than 4 weeks before the workshop and we manage to re-let the studio we will return all monies paid, less a £10 administration fee. We hope that's fair.
- If you cancel a booking within 4 weeks of the booking, we will not make any refund, unless we re-let, in which case, we will return all monies paid, less a £10 administration fee. Again, we hope you agree that's fair.
- In booking the studio, you acknowledge that you have a responsibility to pay the full fee at least 4 weeks before the date of the booking and that you accept these terms.
- If we have to cancel your booking for any reason, all monies paid will be returned in full, with our sincere regrets for any inconvenience caused.