Thairn - Scottish Borders Self Catering with a Little Extra
Our third cottage, Thairn, has a wee touch here and there to make your Scottish Borders break even more relaxing. Whilst all on one level, just like our other two cottages, Thairn benefits from a slightly bigger bedroom with an extra-long, king size bed – great for taller guests.
A guest bed can be added in the bedroom or in the spacious lounge to sleep 3 in total, and conveniently stored away in a cupboard during the day. In the bathroom, there's a separate walk-in shower as well as a bath, and the kitchen has a built in oven/grill as well as a separate microwave oven. In November 2018 the kitchen is being revamped and a dishwasher installed as well as extra crockery.
Highly accessible, Thairn is adjacent to our large, level car park and approached on a flagstone path - good for the ambulant disabled who use a wheelchair outdoors. Directly off the south-facing living room is your own private conservatory, perfect for dining whilst watching the big Borders skies in peace and quiet.
Facilities – Thairn Self Catering Cottage near Kelso
Cycle routes, way marked walks, and visitor attractions close by mean guests can be as active or as relaxed as they wish at Burnbrae. We're on hand, on-site to help you with local information, whether it's a gentle stroll from Thairn's private patio to the river below, or a drive to nearby Mellerstain House or Floors Castle.
There's a heated drying room for wet clothing/equipment in the cottage, plus lockable storage for golf clubs, bikes, fishing tackle, buggies etc onsite. A peaceful rural cottage yet Kelso - with its independent shops, eateries, and cobbled streets - is only 3 miles away.
At a glance
- Private south- facing conservatory and patio
- Free super fast fibre Wi-Fi throughout cottage
- Log burner (logs provided)
- Extra long, king size bed
- Space in bedroom or living room for extra bed or travel cot which we can provide
- Bathroom with both bath and walk-in shower
- Separate oven/grill in well-equipped kitchen
- Dishwasher & extra crockery.
- Mni hi-fi with iPod docking station
- Pet free cottage
- Heated drying room in cottage
- Washing machine and tumble drier for guests' use on site
- Lockable cycle, golf, fishing gear storage room on site