Thairn - Scottish Borders Self Catering with a Little Extra
Our third cottage, Thairn, has a wee touch here and there to make your Scottish Borders break even more relaxing. Whilst all on one level, and four-star, just like our other two cottages, Thairn benefits from a slightly bigger bedroom with an extra-long, king size bed – great for taller guests.
A guest bed can be added here or in the spacious lounge to sleep 3 in total, and conveniently stored away in a cupboard during the day. In the bathroom, there's a separate walk-in shower as well as a bath, and the kitchen has a built in oven/grill as well as a separate microwave oven.
Highly accessible, Thairn is adjacent to our large, level car park and approached on a flagstone path - good for the ambulant disabled who use a wheelchair outdoors. Directly off the south-facing living room is your own private conservatory, perfect for dining whilst watching the big Borders skies in peace and quiet.
Facilities – Thairn Self Catering Cottage near Kelso
Cycle routes, way marked walks, and visitor attractions close by mean guests can be as active or as relaxed as they wish at Burnbrae. We're on hand, on-site to help you with local information, whether it's a gentle stroll from Thairn's private patio to the river below, or a drive to nearby Mellerstain House or Floors Castle.
There's a drying room for wet clothing/equipment in the cottage, plus lockable storage for golf clubs, bikes, fishing tackle, buggies etc. Kelso - with its independent shops, eateries, and cobbled streets - is only 3 miles away.
At a glance
- Private south- facing conservatory and patio, with table & chairs
- Wi-Fi plus mini hi-fi with iPod docking station
- Log burner (logs provided)
- Extra long, king size bed
- Flexible sleeping for an extra guest/travel cot
- Bathroom with both bath and walk-in shower
- Separate oven/grill in well-equipped kitchen
- Pet free cottage
- Drying room in cottage
- Washing machine and tumble drier for guests' use
- Lockable cycle, golf, fishing gear storage room